The title caught my eye: “Twitter Helps Unfinished Book Hit No. 1.” I just HAD to dig into this one.
This is a great example of how social media can be used to get an incredible amount of attention for a book . In this case, the author, John Green, did a minimal amount of chatter about his new book and his tribe went wild.
His book hit #1 on Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com. It isn’t even due out until next Spring.
“In only a few short years, the ability to use social networking as a literary megaphone has gone from an afterthought to the focus of most marketing and image shaping by publishers,” says
JEFFREY A. TRACHTENBERG of the Wall Street Journal.
There were several keys to his success with this effort:
1. He had a solid base of loyal fans in place already – a strong tribe.
2. He used video – 900 or so – to really let his audience get to know him.
3. He used “zany postings” to really let his personality shine through – nothing stuffy.
Here is the link to the full article about this amazing story.
© Copyright 2011 Gina Carr International.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website, please include the following:
Gina Carr is an Entrepreneur, Speaker and Marketing Consultant who works with entrepreneurs and authors to leverage social media marketing for publicity, profits and success. Combining her street-smarts learned as a publisher and small business owner with her book-smarts learned at the Harvard Business School (MBA 1990) and Georgia Tech (BIE 1984), Gina helps business owners turn great ideas into profitable money-making machines. Known around the world as The Tribe Builder, Gina helps passionate people build powerful tribes of raving fans for their business or non-profit organization. Get connected with Gina at www.tribebuildingtips.com and www.ginacarr.com..
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links for products and services I endorse and promote. These are always products and services that I have personally used and highly recommend.
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)
- The Potato Diet – Potato Feast – Potato Detox - January 17, 2017
- Taking Back my Health – The Journey Began with an Early Morning Exercise Class - August 31, 2016
- How to Handle a Negative Review with Marilyn Suttle, Customer Service Expert – BLAB - March 8, 2016
Filed Under: Uncategorized