Have you linked your Facebook Business Page to your Personal Profile? If not, you might want to consider doing so to make it more personal and to make life easier for your fans.
The reasons that you want to do this are:
1. It clearly identifies YOU with your Page. Otherwise, people simply don’t know that there is a connection, i.e., there is no direct “link” for people.
2. People generally want to know easily WHO is responsible for a Page. After all, it is SOCIAL media. People want to know about and connect with People.
3. While people can use Facebook’s Search feature, it can be really difficult to find a particular person. Frustrating. Time consuming. Why put your fans through the trouble?
4. This makes it easy for your actual Friends to connect with you (in case they found your business page first).
5. It makes it easy for people to send you a private note. Otherwise, their only option to communicate with you is to write a post on your wall – or perhaps contact you via email if they can find your email on your Facebook page.
Now that this feature is available, there are only a few reasons I can see that you wouldn’t want to use it:
– you have a page that is really controversial (political, religious, risque), or
– you want to be able to comment on your page anonymously.
How To: If you want to add this to your page, here are three easy steps to follow:
1. Go to your page and choose the EDIT PAGE on the top RIGHT corner.
2. Choose “Featured” under the options on the LEFT side of the Page.
3. Choose “Edit Featured Owners” – Facebook will show you all ADMINs on the Page. Choose the one or ones that you want and press SAVE.
There you have it! Your page is now personalized and will provide a much better experience for your fans.
If you have any questions about this, please post them in comments or on my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/ginacarrfanpage
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)
- The Potato Diet – Potato Feast – Potato Detox - January 17, 2017
- Taking Back my Health – The Journey Began with an Early Morning Exercise Class - August 31, 2016
- How to Handle a Negative Review with Marilyn Suttle, Customer Service Expert – BLAB - March 8, 2016
Filed Under: Uncategorized