Facebook Marketing – 5 Things You Do Not Need for Facebook Engagement by Dorien Morin-van Dam – commentary
The following is a n excellent article about how to get engagement on Facebook pages by Dorien Morin-van Dam. Dorien’s page gets a lot of engagement. These days, that is really hard to do.
I agree with most of Dorien’s points. However, I respectfully disagree with her about #1 – Have short page names.
I like to see long Facebook names that are meaningful for the following reasons:
1. It is so hard to find things in Facebook search. Most people are going to look for a person’s name versus the page name.
2. When using the “Page As” and posting on other pages, it tells the viewer much more about the page than a short name. It acts as a short advertisement.
I don’t see where having a longer names hurts with @tagging as Dorien suggests. However, I am open to learning.
I hope you enjoy Dorien’s post. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)
- The Potato Diet – Potato Feast – Potato Detox - January 17, 2017
- Taking Back my Health – The Journey Began with an Early Morning Exercise Class - August 31, 2016
- How to Handle a Negative Review with Marilyn Suttle, Customer Service Expert – BLAB - March 8, 2016
Filed Under: Facebook