If you are in business for yourself in a professional field, you simply must have a blog as part of your marketing mix. Why?
1. A blog is the best place to display your “intellectual capital.“
2. A blog lets your tribe know about the way you think about issues and solve problems.
3. A blog is critical for Search Engine rankings.
4. It provides the foundation for all of your social media posts.
5. It is under YOUR control – versus a social media platform.
6. It’s the best place to market your products and services.
7. It’s the best place to “capture” an email address so that you can stay in close touch with your tribe.
What is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to start blogging?
You can be a blogger in less than five minutes at either one of these sites. You don’t need a domain name. You don’t need a hosting account. All you need is your computer and an internet connection.
Blogger.com – what I currently use. Very easy overall. I found it a little tricky to set up a nice header but I finally figured out a way. See www.ginacarr.blogspot.com
WordPress.com – not as powerful as wordpress.org which has to be hosted on your own server. Still many people love this and you can create great blogs with this.
Your blog can double as your website and many people use it this way. More about this in another article. For now, just get started!
What’s been holding you back? You don’t need a hosting account. You don’t need a domain name (although you can forward one if you already have it). You don’t need any money.
No kidding and NO MORE EXCUSES!
Good luck. Feel free to post your blog below and invite people to come and check out what you are doing.
© Copyright 2011 Gina Carr International.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website, please include the following:
Gina Carr is an Entrepreneur, Speaker and Marketing Consultant who works with entrepreneurs and authors to leverage social media marketing for publicity, profits and success. Combining her street-smarts learned as a publisher and small business owner with her book-smarts learned at the Harvard Business School (MBA 1990) and Georgia Tech (BIE 1984), Gina helps business owners turn great ideas into profitable money-making machines. Known around the world as The Tribe Builder, Gina helps passionate people build powerful tribes of raving fans for their business or non-profit organization. Get connected with Gina at www.tribebuildingtips.com and www.ginacarr.com..
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links for products and services I endorse and promote. These are always products and services that I have personally used and highly recommend.
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)
- The Potato Diet – Potato Feast – Potato Detox - January 17, 2017
- Taking Back my Health – The Journey Began with an Early Morning Exercise Class - August 31, 2016
- How to Handle a Negative Review with Marilyn Suttle, Customer Service Expert – BLAB - March 8, 2016
Filed Under: Uncategorized