Facebook Notes are great alternative to a simple “wall post” for many reasons. I’ll list a few of my reasons here.
1. Shelf Life – NOTES has a longer “shelf life” than a post. That is to say that it goes on your NOTES instead of being lost on your wall in “older posts” that most people never see because they just won’t keep scrolling down your wall. The NOTES section is much less cluttered.
2. Sharability – it is grab the URL of your post and share these posts over and over again. Just by going to the post and clipping the associated URL, you can re-post the NOTE on your wall or on another wall. You can also send it as private message. Obviously, you can not do that with a Wall Post.
3. Display – I frequently grab evergreen or pertinent posts and put them on my wall. I call it “putting it out on the sidewalk” – as if I had a store in a shopping center. As an “intellectual capitalist” – someone who essentially “sells” my knowledge, I need to “display” that knowledge in public often. I’ve found the Facebook Notes application works very well for that purpose.
4. Blog Replacement – Facebook Notes can become your primary “blog” if you don’t have another. If you do have another, just cut and paste your post into the Notes section. You CAN use HTML inside a post. For me, I just prepare the post in my blog and copy it into NOTES.
5. Visibility – A big reason to use Facebook Notes is that Facebook is that Facebook is currently NOT posting third-party blog apps into the News Feed. It will post them on your wall but not in your friends (or fans) News Feed. That is a big negative for third party apps.
How are you using NOTES? What are some tips you can share?
If you want to use the NOTES application, you can access it by typing Notes into your Facebook search bar. You can try this link: https://www.facebook.com/notes.php?ref=ts
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)
- The Potato Diet – Potato Feast – Potato Detox - January 17, 2017
- Taking Back my Health – The Journey Began with an Early Morning Exercise Class - August 31, 2016
- How to Handle a Negative Review with Marilyn Suttle, Customer Service Expert – BLAB - March 8, 2016
Filed Under: Uncategorized