A friend recently asked me: ”Which are the “absolute must” social media platforms that professional speakers in 2013 should participate in? And, what would be on the list of “nice to be on?”"
I put together a few quick lists based on what is working for my clients and what I see being important for 2013.
I recommend that speakers start with a blog as the foundation for sharing their intellectual property. This blog can be text, audio, video, or photo based. The best blogs incorporate a variety of media. For speakers, text and video are particularly important.
In order to get traffic to the blog where you can share your thoughts, build your community, and offer your products and services, you need to amplify your content through social networks, bookmarks, and other platforms. These sites produce great results for my clients.
n* (personal and company profiles)
* (This is #1 if more B2C (public events) and/or if target is network marketing organizations.) Most people need a Personal Profile and a Business Page. However, many speakers can make do with only a Personal Profile.
– very important for speakers
* Ideally, speakers will have their own group on either Linkedin or Facebook.
Nice to Be On:
- see www.pinterest.com/diannabooher for a great example
– shows your area of expertise and how influential you really are – increasingly important. Klout is not exactly a social platform; it is a social scoring system which considers several social networks.
- another social scoring platform. Good to register and connect accounts.
Collaborative Networks: (Great places to get your content shared.)
1. Social Buzz Club
- You can join for Free. If you want to upgrade for more sharing, use discount code BUZZDEAL31 for 51% off. (my affiliate code)
- supposed to be a great place for sharing content. I find it difficult to use.
3. Facebook Groups like NSA Klout Klimbers
(secret group) NSA members can request to join.
– even President Obama used this to reach voters in the recent election
AUTHOR – special sites:
What is your MUST HAVE social platform? Where do you get the most return on your investment of time, energy, or money?
I’d love to see your comments below.
If you need help with getting traffic to your blog or website, get in touch with me. My team manages the marketing for several speakers and trains speakers how to use social media marketing to produce the greatest results in the least amount of time.
Gina Carr is an Entrepreneur, Speaker and Marketing Consultant who works with CEOs and Thought Leaders to leverage social media marketing for more publicity, profits and success. Combining her street-smarts learned as a small business owner with her book-smarts learned at the Harvard Business School and Georgia Tech, Gina helps business owners turn great ideas into profitable money-making machines. Gina is known as The Tribe Builder - helping passionate people build powerful tribes of raving fans for their business or non-profit.
Latest posts by Gina Carr (see all)